TERMS OF SERVICE // BY EVERYDAY
These terms and conditions between you and Everyday Capital Ventures, DBA Everyday, a Delaware-based Limited Liability Corporation (LLC), govern your use of everydayco.us (“Website”), the Everyday email newsletter (“Newsletter”), the Junto Podcast (“Podcast”), Everyday Advisor (“Advisor”), Everyday Capital (“Capital), Everyday Content (“Content”), Everyday Hospitality (“Hospitality), Everyday Travel (“Travel”) and Everyday’s contract partners including, but not limited to Spotnana (“Contract Partners”). The Website, Newsletter, Podcast, and Contract Partners are referred to jointly as “Everyday Media”; by using Everyday Media, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use Everyday Media.
You may use Everyday Media only if you can form a binding contract with Everyday LLC and only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. Any use or access to Everyday Media by anyone under 18 is strictly prohibited and in violation of this Agreement. Everyday Media is unavailable to any Users previously removed by Everyday LLC or its Contract Partners.
License to use Everyday Media
Unless otherwise stated, Everyday LLC owns the intellectual property rights in Everyday Media and material in Everyday Media. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from Everyday Media for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- sell, rent or sub-license material from Everyday Media;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, or otherwise exploit material on this Everyday Media for a commercial purpose;
- republish material from Everyday Media (including republication on another website or app) except for as provided in Permitted Sharing below;
- show any material from Everyday Media in public except for as provided in Permitted Sharing below;
- edit or otherwise modify any material in Everyday Media; or redistribute material from Everyday Media without permission from Everyday LLC except as provided in Permitted Sharing below;
- use a group inbox to subscribe to the Newsletter or;
- Share Newsletters designated beyond the limits provided in Permitted Sharing below. If more than one person in your company wants regular access to the Newsletter, Everyday offers volume pricing for multiple subscriptions.
Violating any of these restrictions (or any other of the Terms of Service) shall result in immediate account termination without warning and refund. Moreover, any violation of these restrictions may further subject you to liability for violation of Everyday’s intellectual property rights and further claims and damages.
A subscription is for one person only. By purchasing your course, template, membership or any product from Everyday, you are granted one revocable, worldwide, non-exclusive license to the product(s) You have purchased. If you violate this license by giving or selling a copy of our template(s)/product(s) to anyone other or if you imply that anyone who gets access to our template/product(s) has the right to use it for his/her/its commercial purposes, we reserve the right to invoice you for the licenses you have gifted to others and revoke your access to our template(s)/product(s) permanently.
- Newsletters may be forwarded without limit.
- Newsletters designated for paying subscribers may be forwarded privately to a friend(s) or colleague(s) no more than four times per month, provided it does not result in the Newsletter’s publication in any form.
- You may take a screenshot of partial content from Everyday Media for the purpose of sharing privately or on social media up to four times per month, provided such publication includes attribution to Everyday.
- You may reproduce a reasonable excerpt from Everyday Media for a blog post or other publication, provided such publication includes attribution and link to everydayco.us. Such excerpt shall not exceed 40% of the content in the originating Everyday Media.
- You may share clips of Podcasts provided they do not exceed 2 minutes in length for the purpose of sharing privately or on social media no more than four times per month provided such publication includes attribution to the Podcast.
Everyday LLC reserves the right to terminate any or all of these exceptions at any time globally or on an individual user basis.
You must not use Everyday Media in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to Everyday, Everyday Media, Contract Partners, or impairment of the availability or accessibility of Everyday Media; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation, scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to Everyday Media.
You must not use Everyday Media for any purposes related to marketing without Everyday LLC’s express written consent.
Access to certain areas of the Website is restricted. Everyday LLC reserves the right to restrict access to other areas of this website, or indeed this entire website, at Everyday LLC’s discretion.
If Everyday LLC provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access the Newsletter or restricted areas of this Website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
If Everyday LLC provides you with an RSS feed with restricted content, you may not share it or use it in any application other than an RSS feed reader. Everyday LLC may disable your RSS access at any time at its sole discretion without notice or explanation.
Everyday LLC may disable your user ID and password in Everyday LLC’s sole discretion without notice or explanation.
In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website for whatever purpose.
You grant Everyday LLC a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant Everyday LLC the right to sub-license these rights and bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action, whether against you or Everyday LLC, the Contract Partners, or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaints.
Everyday LLC reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on Everyday LLC’s servers, or hosted or published upon this website.
Notwithstanding Everyday LLC’s rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, Everyday LLC does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, the Website.
By posting any user content on the Website, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant, to Everyday LLC a royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, syndicate, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such user content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your user content, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Website, Newsletter, and any other product now existing or later developed by Everyday LLC (and its successors’, affiliates’, and Contract Partners) including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of Everyday Media (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels.
To Other Users: You also hereby grant each user of Everyday Media a non-exclusive license to access your user content.
NOTHING IN THE NEWSLETTER, WEBSITE, PODCAST AND/OR EVERYDAY MEDIA IS MEANT TO CONSTITUTE FINANCIAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND. IF YOU REQUIRE ADVICE IN RELATION TO ANY FINANCIAL MATTER, YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL. YOU ARE AWARE OF AND AGREE THAT EVERYDAY LLC SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS THAT YOU SUFFER AS A RESULT OF ANY FINANCIAL TRANSACTION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU ENTER SUCH TRANSACTION BASED IN ANY WAY UPON ANYTHING YOU LEARN FROM EVERYDAY MEDIA. EVERYDAY LLC IS NOT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISOR AND WHEN IT COMES TO MAKING FINANCIAL DECISIONS, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYDAY LLC, ITS CONTRACT PARTNERS, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT EVERYDAY MEDIA WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT EVERYDAY MEDIA WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT EVERYDAY MEDIA IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF EVERYDAY MEDIA IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD OR YOUR USE OF EVERYDAY MEDIA.
EVERYDAY LLC DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY CONTRACT PARTNERS OR ANY THIRD PARTY THROUGH EVERYDAY MEDIA OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR SERVICE, AND EVERYDAY LLC WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND CONTRACT PARTNERS OR ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
Limitations of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL EVERYDAY VENTTURES LLC, ITS MANAGERS, MEMBERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACT PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS (“LIMITED PARTIES”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, THAT RESULT FROM INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE OR NEWSLEETTER, THE GOODS OR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, EVERYDAY MEDIA. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE LIMITED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INVESTMENT OR FINANCIAL-RELATED DECISIONS YOU MAKE AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION IN EVERYDAY MEDIA. FURTHERMORE, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE LIMITED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIMITED PARTIES ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT; (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVICE OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN EVERYDAY MEDIA; (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE; (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE; (VII) VIOLATION OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITIES INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO ANY CONTENT OR GOODS; AND/OR (VIII) USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL EVERYDAY LLC, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS, CONTRACT PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR COSTS IN AN AMOUNT EXCEEDING THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO EVERYDAY LLC HEREUNDER.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SECTION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF LIMITED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS AGREEMENT GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Everyday Media is controlled and operated from its facilities in the United States. Everyday LLC and its Contract Partners make no representation that Everyday Media is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use Everyday Media from other jurisdictions do so of their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable United States and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to export and import regulations.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit.
By using Everyday Media, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website or Everyday Media.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, Everyday LLC has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Everyday LLC’s members, managers, officers, Contract Partners, or employees regarding any losses you suffer in connection with Everyday Media.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect Everyday LLC’s members, managers, officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, Contract Partners, assigns and sub-contractors as well as Everyday LLC.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
You hereby indemnify Everyday LLC along with its members, managers, officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, Contract Partners, assigns and sub-contractors (“Indemnified Parties”) and undertake to indemnify and hold harmless the Indemnified Parties against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by the Indemnified Parties to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of the Indemnified Parties’ legal advisers) incurred or suffered by the Indemnified Parties arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to Everyday LLC’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, Everyday LLC may take such action as Everyday LLC deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to Everyday Media, prohibiting you from accessing Everyday Media, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing Everyday Media, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to Everyday Media and bringing legal proceedings against you.
Payment Information; Taxes
All information that you provide in connection with a purchase or transaction or other monetary transaction interaction with Everyday Media must be accurate, complete, and current. You agree to pay all charges incurred by users of your credit card, debit card, or other payment method used in connection with a purchase or transaction or other monetary transaction interaction with Everyday Media at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. You will pay any applicable taxes, if any, relating to any such purchases, transactions or other monetary transaction interactions. There are no refunds.
Everyday LLC may revise these terms and conditions from time to time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of Everyday Media from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this Newsletter and/or Website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you know the current version.
Everyday LLC may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with Everyday LLC’s rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Everyday LLC in relation to your use of Everyday Media and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of Everyday Media.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Delaware, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Delaware.
Illinois Consumer Rights Notice
Illinois users of the Site are entitled to the following consumer rights notice.
If you have a question or complaint about Everyday LLC, our products, or our Site, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Illinois Department of Consumer Affairs via telephone or mail.
Personal Information Collection
Everyday may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- We use third third-party vendors, identified below, to help with the delivery of the Content and processing of your payment. We never see your full credit card number, which is handled through Stripe;
- If you participate in Everyday’s Forums, you will create additional user-generated content, which is used for Everyday’s Forums only.
Legal Basis for Information Collection
Everyday asserts the following legal grounds for the collection of data:
When you sign up for any Content (either free or paid) or any other account at everydayco.us, you provide explicit consent for Everyday to collect the above listed personal information.
If you enter an agreement with Everyday for the provision of services in exchange for payment, Everyday will be required to collect the above-listed personal information.
Finally, Everyday may have additional legitimate interests, including account maintenance and administrative purposes, for collecting the above-listed personal information.
Using Personal Information
Everyday may use your personal information to:
- fulfil or meet the reason you provided the information. Specifically, access to the Content. If you provide your personal information to purchase Content, a product, or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery.
- create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with Everyday.
- provide you with support and respond to your inquiries, including investigating and addressing your concerns and monitor and improving our responses.
- administer Everyday and the Content;
- personalize the website for you by displaying your name or changing the appearance of the website according to your settings if you log in;
- enable your access to and use of the Content and the website services;
- deliver the Junto podcast to subscribers;
- deliver the 1727 magazine to subscribers;
- send to you the newsletter and account-related email;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you;
- collect your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the GDPR, ICPA, or the applicable laws.
- prevent transaction fraud;
- respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations; and
- send you marketing communications.
Where Everyday discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement. Except for the third-party vendors that collect your data separately when you sign up and pay, Everyday does not share any of its user data with any third parties.
Everyday uses the following data processors with respect to the personal information collected:
3rd Party Service Providers
In addition, Everyday uses the following 3rd-party service providers for certain content served on everydayco.us. By using Everyday you are accessing these services. Everyday does not provide or receive any personal information to or from these services.
In addition, by using everydayco.us you are accessing Stripe, but Everyday does not provide or receive any personal information to or from these services unless you are a subscriber.
Everyday Capital Ventures LLC also administers the distribution and collection of subscription fees for the Junto Podcast.
Sales of Personal Information
Everyday has never sold personal information. In addition, Everyday has no intention of ever selling personal information.
Data Retention Policy
Securing Your Data
Everyday will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent your personal information’s loss, misuse or alteration. If Everyday stores any of your data, it will do so on secure servers.
Be advised that Everyday does not monitor Everyday Forum posts for disclosure of any personal information you may post in any user-generated content. The forum software (Discourse) includes tools allowing you to edit or delete your posts. You may contact Everyday with the contact information below if you need assistance.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
In addition, personal information you post to Everyday’s Forum will be published on the internet and may be available worldwide.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register with the Website or Newsletter. If you are under 18, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 18 is allowed to provide any personal information to or on Everyday. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us.
Illinois Online Privacy Notice
(1) Everyday does not track users, who interact with its website across the web, and therefore does not use “do not track” signals.
(2) Everyday does not authorize the collection of personally identifiable information from users on any Everyday website for third party use through advertising technologies.
GDPR and ICPA Compliance
Everyday seeks to fully comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Illinois Consumer Privacy Act (ICPA), and other laws and regulations protecting consumer privacy. As such, you have the following rights on this website:
- Right to be forgotten: You may cancel your account at any time. If you wish your data to be permanently deleted, you may contact us at email@example.com and it will be deleted within 72 hours.
- Right to object: We have never performed any data science projects on user data and do not anticipate doing so in the future. If, at some point in the future we determine a use for any sort of data science project on our user data, we will notify you in writing before doing so. In that event you may remove your contact data from any such project by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Opt Out of Data Science”.
- Right to access and rectification: You can contact us at email@example.com at any time to access copies of all user data we retain for you. We will remove, update, or change any personal information about you from our servers immediately upon your request.
- Right of portability: We only retain your name and email address. Nevertheless, we will provide that information to you upon your request.
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, if located in the European Union, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
In addition to the above, an “unsubscribe” option is automatically included in the footer of every newsletter sent from Everyday. This allows you to easily unsubscribe from the newsletter. In the event you unsubscribe, we will immediately stop sending you the newsletter. Please note that unsubscribing from the newsletter with the newsletter’s “unsubscribe” button does not cancel your account with Everyday Capital Ventures LLC In order to do so, please login at everydayco.us and cancel your account.
Everyday will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your GDPR, ICPA, or other consumer privacy rights. Unless permitted by law, Everyday will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, the nature of the services provided by Everyday, a membership website, newsletter, and podcast feed, will require basic information including an active account and your email address in order for Everyday to provide its services. Should you opt-out entirely, Everyday will be unable to provide you any of its services.
Statement of Rights and Choices with the ICPA
The ICPA provides consumers (Illinois residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your ICPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Below is a summary of information collected by category.
|B. Personal information categories listed in the Illinois Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under Illinois or federal law.||NO|
|D. Commercial information.||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||YES|
|H. Sensory data.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||YES|
Disclosure of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
- Category A: Identifiers.
- Category B: Illinois Customer Records personal information categories.
- Category D: Commercial information.
- Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
- Category G: Geolocation data.
- Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Everyday disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information Everyday collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information Everyday collected about you.
- Everyday’s business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom Everyday shares that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information Everyday collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If Everyday sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Everyday delete any of your personal information that Everyday collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once Everyday receives and confirms your verifiable consumer request, Everyday will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information, unless an exception applies.
Everyday may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for Everyday or its service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Comply with the Illinois Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Sending a letter to us at Everyday Capital Ventures LLC, Co. at 651 North Broad Street, Suite 201, Middletown, Delaware, 19709
Only you, or a person registered with the Illinois Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows Everyday to reasonably verify you are the person about whom Everyday collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows Everyday to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Everyday cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if Everyday cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with Everyday. Everyday will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
Everyday endeavours to respond to a verifiable consumer request within thirty (30) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), Everyday will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with Everyday, Everyday will deliver its written response to that account. If you do not have an account with Everyday, Everyday will deliver its written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures Everyday provides will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response Everyday provides will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, Everyday will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
Everyday does not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If Everyday determine that the request warrants a fee, Everyday will tell you why it made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Other Illinois Privacy Rights
Illinois’s Personal Information Protection Act (815 ILCS 530) permits users of Everyday’s website that are Illinois residents to request certain information regarding Everyday’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updating This Statement
everydayco.us, the Newsletter, Podcast, Advisor, Travel, Capital, Content, Hospitality and Library contain links to other websites and embedded links to other content on the Internet, such as tweets and YouTube videos. Everyday Capital Ventures LLC is not responsible for the contents of those third-party websites or for any third party’s privacy policies or practices.
Ethics & Disclosures
Everyday may hold client relationships or own assets that are discussed in its media output. No media is investment advice and is intended for informational and entertainment purposes only. You should do your own research and make your own independent decisions when considering any financial transactions.
While most of our client work is confidential, we will do my utmost to disclose when writing about somebody we work with. In an interconnected world, it’s almost impossible not to have a conflict of interest. At the end of the day, we’re putting my name, brand, track record and dollars on the line. I think this is the best form of accountability and trust.
by email to email@example.com; or
by post to 651 North Broad Street, Suite 201, Middletown, Delaware, 19709
Updated Nov 9, 2023
© 2023 Everyday Capital Ventures LLC, dba Everyday LLC. All rights reserved.